background

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mom's visit

My Mom took a break from being the family backbone and came to visit me. I can't tell you how much I loved having her here. It helped keep me sane while Jake is at JRTC. We did lots of stuff and had a blast! Mostly the stuff we did was to entertain Zach, but we had fun watching him have fun. We took him to Chuck e Cheese. It turns out that you can get coupons which made going there cheaper. Zach liked going on rides, but there were two games that he wanted to do over and over again. He really liked the ducky game. All you do is press a button and an arm punches out and knocks over a duck. And you're supposed to try and knock over as many ducks as you can. I tried this game a couple of times and it turns out Zach was better than me. The other game he loved was a kid sized version of a hoops game where you try to get as many balls in the hoop as you can. Unfortunately Zach is too small for it and we had to hold him up.

Mom soon found out that Zach needs a couple hours of outside time every day or he goes crazy. So we made sure to take him to the playground. I really like this picture. Zach tries to push Brylee on the swing all the time. This is the first time she's ever enjoyed it.We made sure to go to Raleigh to see the Temple. For the record, it was actually beautiful and sunny while we were there. I don't know why the picture doesn't show it. I had heard the Temple was small, but I didn't realize how small. The Stake Center next to it is bigger. But still, it was beautiful. Just outside post is the Fort Bragg Fair. Mom came at the perfect time. We took the kids a couple of times. It was only $5 to get in and all the rides were free. Zach had fun on a bunch of rides. What's funny is that most of the rides he didn't smile on. If you don't know him you'd think he wasn't enjoying himself. But, as his mom I can tell you he did. The slide was one of only a couple rides he smiled on. Mom said she could hear him giggling all the way down the slide. The first time he went with me (which almost didn't happen, because he dived to go down the slide as soon as we got to the top and I had to catch him) and the rest of the time he went on his own. The other ride he LOVED was the race car ride. It would put-put around like a normal kid ride. Then whip around on the corners and it looked like he would fly out. The guy operating the ride got to know Zach real quick. Every time he would unbuckle Zach, Zach would run and climb into another car. So the poor guy had to carry Zach off the ride every time. And Zach went on this ride A LOT.Thank you mom for visiting us. I don't think you know how much I appreciated it and loved having you here. And for the record, anyone else is welcome to visit. It's beautiful here, but I really prefer having family around.

No comments: